Experienced Felonies And Misdemeanors Defense Attorney For New York State.
Facing a criminal charge in New York is challenging, especially for first-time offenders who likely have lots of questions. Thankfully, residents have a comprehensive legal resource in me, attorney Graeme Spicer of Spicer Law.
I am well practiced in New York criminal law and boast a strong record of success that relies on honest communication with my clients. Information is everything in criminal cases, so I will always arm you with what you need to know to beat the charges.
Your Trustworthy Defender, No Matter What
When you come to Spicer Law, you have direct access to my experience and knowledge. I offer realistic expectations about your case’s likely results and passionately fight to mitigate the damage. I help with the following charges:
- Theft and property crimes
- Homicide, assault
- Sexual assault, sex charges
- Drug charges
- White collar crime
- DUI, DWAI and vehicular crimes
- Identity theft and cybercrimes
- Weapons offenses
In all cases, I aggressively fight to reduce your charges or secure a complete dismissal.
I Fight For You Every Step Of The Way
Understanding the consequences of your charges can help prevent violations and inform a strong defense. New York sentencing follows these guidelines, but courts adjust punishments as needed:
- Misdemeanors incur fines between $500 and $1000 and jail time. A Class B misdemeanor may result in up to 15 days in jail, while Class A misdemeanors can incur a sentence of up to 364 days. Any sentencing above a year qualifies as a felony.
- New York prosecutors attempt to punish felonies to their fullest extent. Class A felonies like murder, arson and rape could incur life in prison and thousands in fines, while the lowest class felonies result in at least a year of jail time.
How Bad Is A Criminal Record?
Even if you were not convicted of a crime, an arrest can follow you for the rest of your life. Violations show up on background checks when applying for loans, housing or employment, and may impair your ability to move your life forward.
Whatever the outcome of your case, I strive to lessen any lasting negative impact to help you get your life back on track.